Jan 11, 2008

The Sun and the Dragonfly - Die Libelle und die Sonne










Another of my 3D pieces I'm working on since last week.

This one is a little dragonfly flying around in the garden under the sun. It is perhaps the wish I have when I feel "wintery"...

I felted a variegated background and stitched the wings with free motion embroidery and the flowers, head and sun with hand stitches. I also used self dyed scrim and metallic organza.

The piece is about 4" x 7" (10 x 18 cm) and has a metal stand with blue pearls.

Noch ein 3D Stück von der Serie, die ich letzte Woche began.

Diese ist eine kleine Libelle, die im Garten im Sonnenschein herum fliegt. Es ist wahrscheinlich meine Sehnsucht nach mehr Licht im Winter...

Ich verwendete eine Unterlage, die ich mit Wolle "aquarellierte" und verwendete Maschinensticken für die Flügel und Handsticken für die restlichen Details.
Ich verwendete auch metallische Organza und selbstgefärbten Mull.

Das Stück ist ca. 10 x 18 cm und hat einen Drahtgerüst mit hellblauen Perlen.

10 comments:

  1. Ein Traum, liebe Sara, auch ich sehne Sonne und Licht herbei, Wärme, Frühling, aber ich glaube, wir müssen geduldig warten...(und so schöne Werke gestalten, damit ich was zum Mitfreuen habe), herzlich, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see your lovely work on a grey and rain day when it feels like spring is far away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both this piece and the Watch Over Me one. You have such a wonderful talent for turning the things in your imagination into these amazing creations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich bin schon wieder ganz verzückt ! Beide sind traumhaft. Die Materialien - das Pelzige mit dem filigranen Draht - machen es auch so reizvoll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love this!! It really is such a cheerful piece - colourful and happy....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire your artwork very much and enjoy visiting your blog on a regular basis. Your 3D pieces are truly amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :-), this technique can get addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you all, I will do more of this kind of pieces, I want to see where they take me...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new pieces are outstanding!!!! I am amazed at what you do!

    ReplyDelete