Nov 11, 2010

Snakes and Snails - Von Schlangen und Schnecken

I came back to my idea that it is bad that snakes are seen as the bad guys... and snails are always the good ones.
This time the little angels brought the snake back to the jungle, opened her cage and let her out. They are introducing her to the snail at this point of the story...
Ich bin wieder zu meinem Gedanken gekommen, daß in Geschichten die armen Schlangen immer die "Bösen" sind und die Schnecken die "Guten".  Diese kleinen Engeln haben die Schlange zurück zum Djungel gebracht, ihren Käfig aufgemacht, so daß sie rauskommt und jetzt stellen sie sie der Schnecke vor...






I liked making the cage. I cut the background and did a kind of buttonhole over it.
Ich habe Spaß mit dem Käfig gehabt. Ich habe den Hintergrund ausgeschnitten und eine Art Knopfschlaufen drauf gemacht.





Another thing I like making are the crochet twines and the stitched leaves.
Eine andere Sache, die ich machen mag, sind die gehäkelten Ranken und die gestickten Blättern.

9 comments:

  1. Snails are not the good guys as far as I'm concerned - they eat too many tender plants in my garden. However, they do have such an appealing shape and add a lovely touch to your delightful piece. The snake coming out of the cage is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. see how the good guys can be the bad guys? but I think this kind of snails is not the very bad one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your series of little angel cloths!
    And I understood what you did: ha, the cut out of the cage is the body of the snake!!! Clever! Your variegated thread is wonderful. (I dyed bambu thread myself but I recently bought silk thread, so I will be dyeing again soon ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, els, I did what you said! and I suppose your silk thread will be beautiful, self dyeing is so rewarding. I love the surprises!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Each and every stich you made shows your pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am left speechless by those beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. An den Bildern kann man wirklich gut erkennen, daß Du Freude und Spaß daran hast - schön! Ich freu' mich!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh ja, nur möchte ich 100 sachen auf einmal machen, wie immer!!

    ReplyDelete