Nov 9, 2010

Walking on Water - Gehen auf dem Wasser

These little angels are so happy about finding a paradise bird in Paradise that they can even walk on water.
Diese kleine Engeln sind so froh, einen Paradiesvolgel im Paradies zu finden, dass sie sogar auf dem Wasser gehen können.





I worked on this one these last days. It was an experiment about using wet felting instead of the embellisher which takes ages... but is also very rewarding. 
Ich habe and dieses Stück diese letzten Tage gearbeitet. Es ist ein Experiment in der Verwendung von Naßfilzen anstatt Embellisher. Es braucht ewig aber man wird auch mit dem Ergebnis belohnt.

I did two different pieces of felt. One on silk with wool and silk fibers and one with wool alone.
Ich habe zwei verschiedene Stücke gefilzt. Einen auf Seidenchiffon mit Wolle und Seidenfasern und einen nur mit Wolle.

I stitched it with my self dyed yarns und used these yarns to crochet some details.
Zum Sticken nahm ich selbstgefärbte Fäden und ich applizierte Stücke, die ich mit den gleichen Fäden häkelte.

 
The pieces were easy to stitch and to combine.

Die Flächen ließen sich schön kombinieren und leicht besticken. 




The little clowds are made of wool trapped in tulle.
Die kleinen Wolken sind aus Wolle in Tulle gefangen gemacht.


8 comments:

  1. I really love the combination of the embroidery and felting--I would love to try this, although I have only started to think about incorporating fabric into what I do. But I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es increible ver como diariamente podes crear uan nueva pieza, cada una mas linda que la otra! Espero que algun dia, que esa creatividad desborde asi de mi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I haven't been felting for a while and I was looking for an inspiration to start again! Thank you - I'm looking forward to start tomorrow!
    Best wishes from Crete! Teje
    Ps. See you soon again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it it's beautiful and so colourful the combination is inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, I am really enjoying this. I already prepared a whole series of these. Tomorrow morning I'm going to take a photo of the one I'm finishing now because I need light! the name will be "get only your feet wet!" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bird of Paradise, and that tiny piece of red at the bottom of this piece sets the whole thing off beautifully. The textures and colours are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colour combination again, Sara! And I'm impressed that you can achieve all this without the embellisher!

    ReplyDelete