Nov 7, 2010

Walking under the Moon - Mondspaziergang

I had time to do a small piece just for fun. It is a little person walking on the beach under the moon.
Now that I'm in a city with coast I think more about it...
Ich habe Zeit gehabt, ein kleines Stück zu machen. Es ist ein kleines Wesen, der am Strand unter dem Mondschein spaziert. Jetzt, dass ich in einer Stadt mit Strand bin denke ich mehr an so was...


This piece is about 5 1/2" x 6 1/2" and supposed to be put in a frame. I have felted the background and used some silk for the waves and the cloud. The rest is punched and hand stitched. I used mostly my self dyed thread for the embroidery. I will put it in my Etsy shop.

Es ist ca. 16x13 cm und kann eingerahmt werden. Ich habe den Hintergrund naßgefilzt mit Seidenfäden, die die Wellen und Wolke ausmachen. Der Rest ist trocken gepuncht und handbestickt. Die Stickfäden sind fast alle selbstgefärbt. Ich werde es in meinen Etsy-Shop geben.




7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet Sara. I love the 'moonlight' colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, gabriela and heather, I liked the background to be the beach and then everything fitted...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is lovely. I love stitching and felt, your little people are great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Süß! Lieb auch mit dem Mondlicht!

    Warst Du auch schon am Strand spazieren? Und auch baden :-)?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ich war am Gehsteig vom Strand spazieren (kennst mi?) baden, nein! einmal in unserem Schwimmbecken...
    corinna, leider ja!...

    ReplyDelete