Apr 28, 2007

The fish



This is one more part of the sampler I'm doing.

I felted some Colback to the background and used two pieces of a free form crochet thing I began two years ago. It is done out of the same wool of the roving I use. I embellished some roving between the flowers to hide the seams. I also used some organza squares on the middle. It is so funny how they get embedded in the center of the flowers when you embellish on the same spot! (I love looking at them while they are shrinking!).

4 comments:

  1. I love it! I can't wait to see it finished.I admire very much what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I have just discovered your blog and just love your creations! Your dolls are fabulous - you do such great faces and the embellishing is so free! I'm curious about the flowers in this picture on the right. What stitch is this? Keep up the wonderful work and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Dora and Lin!
    the flowers are made with crochet and applied with the embellisher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ciao I've come to you through DORA's blog.
    Your blog is very interesting and now I'll read all the post.
    ciao ciao

    ReplyDelete